Search This Blog

Monday, June 27, 2011

Catching Up!

Hey! I am very sorry that I haven't been posting. I've been really busy working on the Gold Award and finishing up Drivers Ed. Today was my first rehearsal for the play I'm directing for my Gold Award, and it went very well. I have the best volunteers ever!

Bible Passage! Matthew 8:18-22. This is a difficult and different passage and the gospel for today. The thing that sticks out to me is where a man volunteers to join Jesus, but asks to go bury his father first. Jesus replies: "Follow me, and let the dead bury their dead". It seems like a really tough statement. Jesus really won't allow the man to go bury his father? This passage is all about realizing that following God is never an easy journey. God will test you and you will meet hardships along the way, but the reward in Heaven will make it worth the trouble. For a good example of God testing someone, see the Book of Job but don't expect your trials to ever get that extreme. While you are being tested, God will still help and give you the strength and hope to keep pushing on. He would never expect you to do something impossible, after all. So I guess today's theme would be that it costs a little to follow, but it's worth it in the end!

My sister and I being Girl Scouts! 

No comments:

Post a Comment